Sweet Potato Casserole
3/4 cup wild rice blend and chicken broth to cook it in
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed (hint: buy a bag of diced sweet potatoes that cook in the microwave)
2 t brown sugar
4 cups spinach
2 T olive oil
2 T balsamic vinegar
1T maple syrup
1 t Dijon mustard
2 cloves minced garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Prepare rice according to package directions using chicken broth instead of water.
2. Mix ingredients for vinaigrette, whisk to combine, set aside
3. Melt butter in skillet (medium high). Add brown sugar and sweet potatoes, season with salt and sauté until tender and carmelized (about 10 minutes).
4. Turn heat down, add spinach to skillet, cover and steam until wilted.
5. Add rice and vinaigrette, then toss to combine.
And enjoy! I usually make some chicken on the side, but this is very filling as is. Let me know if you make it!