Picture this – last night, about to fall asleep, I am going through emails. I see an email from Anne that she nominated me for the Liebster Award. And then this morning I see an email from Beverly saying that she nominated me for the Liebster Award as well. The what??!! After reading their posts, I learned that this award is given to new bloggers, nominated by bloggers. What a great idea – every blog was once small, and this is a great way to show other bloggers that you appreciate and are interested in what they have to say.
The rules – share 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you, and nominate 11 bloggers. Easy peasy!
11 Facts About Me
1. I have studied abroad twice – once in Japan during high school, and once in London during college. Japan really opened my eyes to the world, London was really fun (cider at each meal? Ok!) I wish I could still speak Japanese as well as I did then. (it was my major for a few years too!)
2. I have lived in Minnesota and Illinois, but my heart will always be in Iowa. If I could figure out a way to convince my husband to move back, I’d be there already. I’m a Midwest girl and Hawkeye for life!
3. I hate coffee, including the smell.
4. I have an overwhelming sense of needing to help every animal I see. Can’t go in to shelters, can’t watch the commercials, help me if I see a stray. I try to help when I can through donations to our local shelter, but it kills me that its “not enough”.
5. For six months during our first year of marriage, the hubby and I lived apart. I got a job in Chicago quicker than expected, he stayed in Minnesota until his company closed. Probably the worst six months ever.
6. I have two sisters – one older and one younger. My younger sister is technically my “step” sister, but I feel like she’s been there my whole life.
7. I know that my dog, Charlie, understands me better than some people. His cuddles can cheer me up in an instant.
8. Becoming a mother is one of the most rewarding experiences ever. Most days it is challenging, but when E hugs me after a long day and says “I just love you, mama”, it makes it all worth it.
9. I have never broken a bone.
10. I used to sew my own Barbie clothes in elementary school.
11. It’s amazing that I write all day at work, then choose to write more for my blog. I’ve always loved writing.
Here are Anne’s questions for me: (I went with Anne’s questions because she sent them first!)
11 Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite color?
2. What’s the last thing you do before falling asleep?
3. What is your dream vacation?
4. Do you ever wish you had a different name? What is it and why?
5. What is your biggest fear?
6. What are you most grateful for?
7. If you could redo one day in your life, which day would it be?
8. What is the hardest part about blogging?
9. What is your favorite tv show?
10. Word Association – what comes to mind with the word “comfort”?
11. What is your life-long dream?